- Fatima House : 1622 Lamont St. NW, Washington, D.C.
- Elizabeth House : 1502 Park Rd. NW, Washington, D.C.
- Caritas Opportunity Shop : 7716 Georgia Ave, NW, D.C.
DAVANTAGE GEOGRAPHIC AREAS
- Mt. Pleasant
- Fatima House at 1622 Lamont Street NW, Washington, DC 20010.
- Columbia Heights
- Elizabeth House at 1502 Park Road NW, Washington, DC 20010
- Shepherd Park
- Caritas Opportunity Shop at 7716 Georgia Ave NW, Washington, DC 20012
DAVANTAGE NUMBERS 2017 2018
- A transitional community consists of 2 brothers, and some volunteers, sharing life with 10 homeless residents and welcoming other homeless as guests during the day. Brothers, volunteers and guests focus on sharing and caring, with the healing perspective of “restoring ordinary life”. (www.fatimacommunity.org )
- FATIMA HOUSE
- 10 guests (left the street) + 10 visitors (day-guests). Turnover 1guest per month
- ELIZABETH HOUSE
- 10 guests (left the street) + 10 visitors (day-guests). Turnover 1 guest per month
DAVANTAGE ACHIEVEMENTS 2017-2018
- start of 2 transitional houses and an opportunity shop
- 2017 October : Fatima House
- 2018 September : Caritas Opportunity Shop
- 2018 November : Elizabeth House
- establishment, registration and development of Davantage, Inc.
- Innitiation and development of fundraising and networking, etc.
DAVANTAGE PRIORITY FOCUS 2018-2019
- The consolidation of existing initiatives
- The quality of services in Elizabeth House and Fatima House by continuous capacity-building to staff, improvement off structures for impact-measurement, quality-control, and self-evaluation.
- The diversity and stability of funding for covering the operational costs of the two transitional houses,
- The path to ownership of the properties that DAVANTAGE now uses under a lease-to-purchase arrangement with the Brothers of Charity.
- The development of self-supporting initiatives and self-employment initiatives.
ACTION PLAN 2018-2019
- Elaborate and adapt general policies and documents
- Policy on non-discrimination
- Policy on volunteers involvement
- Policy for impact measurement
- Policy for quality control
- Elaborate Strategic plan
- Elaborate Development plan
- Build and consolidate Partnerships
- MOU between DAVANTAGE and BROTHERS OF CHARITY
- MOU between DAVANTAGE and SACRED HEART DINNER PROGRAM
- Participate platforms e.g. Thrive D.C.,
- Public Relations Initiatives towards partner-organisations and autorities
- Ensure quality of operations
- evaluate and improve aspects of daily communitylive (holistic approach)
- provide tools and instruments for staff development
- put in place structures for data-management, impact control, etc.
- continuous in service training for social work and mental health care
- training staff for “conflict-management” and “aggressivity management”
- Strenghten Development Structure
- increase development team : fundraising, networking, ..
- capacity building development team : formation, tools, …
- elaborate Self-Reliance plan
STRATEGIC PLAN (under construction)
DEVELOPMENT PLAN (under construction)